Sat, Apr 29|
The Playground Acting Program
Acting Technique I
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pThis class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm First Class: April 29th
Time & Location
Apr 29, 2023, 12:00 PM CDT – Jun 17, 2023, 1:30 PM CDT
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8-week program is perfect for first-time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success in future classes in our program.
Through this 8-week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanislavski-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanislavski-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal and Physical warm up for before performances or presentations
- Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Analysis Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Students will read a published play, memorize a 60-90 second monologue, build a character, and learn how to fight for what the character is trying to achieve to create a powerful performance. We will spend the first four weeks investigating foundational acting techniques and the last four weeks applying the techniques to the monologues. When the class concludes students will be able to use the monologues for auditions.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our Monologue Showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday, April 29th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, May 6th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, May 13th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, May 20th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, May 27th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, June 3rd 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, June 10th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, June 17th (Last Class + Showcase) 11:00am-2:30pm
About the Teaching Artist
Caroline Hamilton is a Dallas-based theatre director and audio producer originally from the foothills of South Carolina. She received her BFA in Theatre Studies from Southern Methodist University, and has since directed a myraid of productions across Dallas including Second Thought Theatre and Echo Theatre. She's also directed numerous staged readings at Echo Theatre and SMU's New Visions New Voices Festival. She's worked at Dallas Theater Center, Stage West, Second Thought Theatre, and Undermain Theatre, and assisted directors like Regina Taylor, Aaron Landsman, Joel Ferrell, Christie Vela, and Blake Hackler.
Payment plans available. Please email email@example.com for more information.