Sat, Oct 21|
The Playground Acting Program
Acting Technique I
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! |Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm | First Class: October 21st
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2023, 12:00 PM CDT – Dec 09, 2023, 1:30 PM CST
The Playground Acting Program , 410 S Windomere Ave, Dallas, TX 75208, USA
About the Event
This 7-week program is perfect for first-time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success in future classes in our program.
Through this 7-week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanislavski-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanislavski-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal and Physical warm up for before performances or presentations
- Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Analysis Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Students will read a published play, memorize a 60-90 second monologue, build a character, and learn how to fight for what the character is trying to achieve to create a powerful performance. We will spend the first four weeks investigating foundational acting techniques and the last four weeks applying the techniques to the monologues. When the class concludes students will be able to use the monologues for auditions.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our Monologue Showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday, October 21st 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, October 29th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, November 4th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, November 11th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, November 18th 12:00pm-2:00pm
NO CLASSES NOVEMBER 20TH-26TH
Saturday, December 2nd 12:00pm-2:30pm
Saturday, December 9th 11:00am-2:00pm (Last Class + Showcase)
About the Teaching Artist
Dylan Hudson is originally from Florence, South Carolina. He is a current Junior at SMU, majoring in Theatre Studies, and a minor in Business. Before SMU he had the opportunity to study at the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities where he studied Stanislavski, Linklater technique, Shakespeare, Mask, Laban, Rodenburg, and Devised theatre. He has worked regionally at Dallas Theater Center, and Kitchen Dog Theatre, and just finished Assistant Directing The Winter's Tale at SMU this past October.
Payment plans available. Please email email@example.com for more information.