Sat, Jan 20|
The Playground Acting Program
Acting Technique I - Saturday Session
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! |Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm | First Class: January 20th
Time & Location
Jan 20, 2024, 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM CST
The Playground Acting Program , 410 S Windomere Ave, Dallas, TX 75208, USA
About the Event
This 8-week program is perfect for first-time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success in future classes in our program.
Through this 8-week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanislavski-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanislavski-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal and Physical warm up for before performances or presentations
- Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Analysis Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Students will read a published play, memorize a 60-90 second monologue, build a character, and learn how to fight for what the character is trying to achieve to create a powerful performance. We will spend the first four weeks investigating foundational acting techniques and the last four weeks applying the techniques to the monologues. When the class concludes students will be able to use the monologues for auditions.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our Monologue Showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday, January 20th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 27th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 3rd 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 10th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 17th 12:00pm-2:00pm
Saturday, February 24th 12:00pm-2:30pm
Saturday, March 2nd 12:00pm-2:30pm
Saturday, March 9th 11:00am-2:00pm (Last Class + Showcase)
Payment plans available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Ticket type
- Ticket type