Adult Acting Technique I
Time & Location
About the Event
This 8 week program is our intro and foundations program for all of our first time students at The Playground Acting Program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success as and actor and for future classes at our program.
Through this 8 week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm up for before performances or presentations
- Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Mediation Practices
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue or spoken word in our final showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Saturday, September 4th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, September 11th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, September 18th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, September 25th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, October 9th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, October 16th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, October 23rd from 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, October 30th from 12:00pm-1:30pm
- Sold OutOne Student$199$1990$0