Sat, Jan 15|
The Playground Acting Program
Adult Acting Technique I - Saturday Session
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Ages 18+ | Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm First Class: January 15th 2022
Time & Location
Jan 15, 12:00 PM – Mar 06, 1:30 PM
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8 week program is perfect for first time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success as and actor and for future classes at our program.
Through this 8 week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm up for before performances or presentations
- Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Mediation Practices
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our final showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times
Saturday, January 15th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 22nd 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 29th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 5th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 12th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 19th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 26th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, March 5th 12:00pm-3:00pm
Payment plans available. Please email email@example.com for more information.