Sat, Jan 14|
The Playground Acting Program
Adult Acting Technique I - Saturday Session
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Ages 18+ | Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm First Class: January 14th | Katie Ibrahim
Time & Location
Jan 14, 12:00 PM CST – Mar 05, 1:30 PM CST
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8-week program is perfect for first-time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success in future classes in our program.
Through this 8-week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanislavski-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanislavski-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal and Physical warm up for before performances or presentations
- Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Analysis Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Students will read a published play, memorize a 60-90 second monologue, build a character, and learn how to fight for what the character is trying to achieve to create a powerful performance. We will spend the first four weeks investigating foundational acting techniques and the last four weeks applying the techniques to the monologues. When the class concludes students will be able to use the monologues for auditions.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our Monologue Showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday, January 14th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 21st 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 28th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 4th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 11th 12:00pm-1:30pm Special guest Chris Sanders will teach this class.
Saturday, February 18th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 25th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, March 4th 11:00am- 2:00pm (Last Class and Showcase)
Kaite Ibrahim is a Dallas-based theatre artist originally from Orlando, FL. She graduated from SMU with a degree in Theatre Studies where she directed, stage managed, and produced a number of productions. She has worked on numerous productions in NYC and Dallas. Second Thought Theatre, Tony Award-Winning Dallas Theatre Center, Shakespeare Dallas, Echo Theatre, and more.
Payment plans available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.