Wed, Mar 23|
The Playground Acting Program
Adult Acting Technique I - Wednesday Session
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Ages 18+ | Wednesdays from 11:00am-12:30pm First Class: March 23rd 2022
Time & Location
Mar 23, 11:00 AM – May 07, 12:30 PM
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8 week program is perfect for first time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success as and actor and for future classes at our program.
Through this 8 week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm up for before performances or presentations
- Physical and Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Mediation Practices
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our final showcase. FINAL SHOWCASE WILL BE ON A SATURDAY. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times
Wednesday, March 23rd 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday, March 30th 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday, April 6th 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday, April 13th 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday, April 20th 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday, April 27th 11:00am-12:30pm
Wednesday, May 4th 11:00am-12:30pm
Saturday, May 7th 12:00pm-3:00pm
Payment plans available. Please email email@example.com for more information.