Sat, Jan 14|
The Playground Acting Program
Kids Acting Technique I
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Ages 8-11 | Saturdays from 10:00am-11:30am First Class: January 14th | Ms. Katie
Time & Location
Jan 14, 2023, 10:00 AM CST – Mar 04, 2023, 11:30 AM CST
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8-week program is perfect for first-time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success in future classes in our program.
Through this 8-week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanislavski-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanislavski-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal and Physical warm up for before performances or presentations
- Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Analysis Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Students will memorize a 60-90 second monologue and build a character. We will spend the first four weeks investigating foundational acting techniques and the last four weeks applying the techniques to the monologues.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our Monologue Showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday, January 14th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, January 21st 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, January 28th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, February 4th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, February 11th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, February 18th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, February 25th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, March 4th 9:30am-12:00pm (Last Class and Showcase)
About the Teaching Artist:
Kaite Ibrahim is a Dallas-based theatre artist originally from Orlando, FL. She graduated from SMU with a degree in Theatre Studies where she directed, stage managed, and produced a number of productions. She has worked on numerous productions in NYC and Dallas. Second Thought Theatre, Tony Award-Winning Dallas Theatre Center, Shakespeare Dallas, Echo Theatre, just to name a few theatres she's been involved in recently.
- Ticket type
Tax includedTax: Tax included