Sat, Mar 26|
The Playground Acting Program
Kids + Teen Acting Technique II
Actors will continue to explore acting high-level acting techniques through monologue work. Pre-requisite: Acting Technique I Ages 8-14 | Saturdays from 10:00am-11:30am First Class: March 26th 2022
Time & Location
Mar 26, 2022, 10:00 AM CDT – May 14, 2022, 11:30 AM CDT
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8-week program is a continuation of our Acting Technique I class at The Playground Acting Program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and allows the student to continue to explore high-level acting techniques through monologue work.
Through this 8-week program, students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm-up for before performances or presentations
- Physical and Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ensemble Collaboration
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Meditation Practices
Kids and Teens will have some lessons together and some lessons split between younger kids and older kids.
At the end of the 8 weeks, students will individually perform a monologue in our student showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class dates and time:
Saturday, March 26th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, April 2nd 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, April 9th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, April 16th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, April 23rd 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, April 30th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, May 7th 10:00am-11:30am
Saturday, May 14th 9:30am- 12:00pm (Last Class and Showcase)