Sat, Apr 03|
The Playground Acting Program
Spring Acting I
Our Introduction 8 Week Acting I Class for all first-time The Playground Students!
Time & Location
Apr 03, 2021, 10:00 AM CDT – May 29, 2021, 1:30 PM CDT
The Playground Acting Program , 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8 week program is our intro and foundations program for all of our first time students at The Playground Acting Program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success as and actor and for future classes at our program.
Through this 8 week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm up for before performances or presentations
- Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Mediation Practices
Due to Covid-19 this class will opearte at 25% capacity allowing only 6 students per class.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue or spoken word in our final showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor. We will follow COVID-19 guidelines meaning this showcase will most likey happen over Zoom. For information on payment plans please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ages 8-17 Saturdays at 10:00am-11:30am starting April 3rd-May 29th (No Class May 15th)
Ages 18+ Saturdays at 12:00pm-1:30pm starting April 3rd- May 29th (No Class May 15th)
For information on our Covid-19 protocols please visit: https://www.theplaygrounddallas.com/covid-19 .
One Students Aged 8-17
One Student Aged 18+