Sat, Jan 14|
The Playground Acting Program
Teen Acting Technique I
This class covers a myriad of acting techniques and students perform a monologue at the end of the 8 weeks! Ages 12-17 | Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:30pm First Class: Janaury 14th | Dylan Hudson
Time & Location
Jan 14, 2023, 12:00 PM CST – Jan 15, 2023, 1:30 PM CST
The Playground Acting Program, 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8-week program is perfect for first-time students to learn a vital foundation of acting technique and vocabulary taught at our program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors' confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success in future classes in our program.
Through this 8-week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanislavski-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanislavski-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal and Physical warm up for before performances or presentations
- Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Anaylsis Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Students will read a published play, memorize a 60-90 second monologue, build a character, and learn how to fight for what the character is trying to achieve to create a powerful performance. We will spend the first four weeks investigating foundational acting techniques and the last four weeks applying the techniques to the monologues. When the class concludes students will be able to use the monolgoues for audtions.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue in our Monologue Showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor.
Class Dates and Times:
Saturday, January 14th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 21st 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, January 28th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 4th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 11th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 18th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, February 25th 12:00pm-1:30pm
Saturday, March 4th 11:00am- 2:00pm (Last Class and Showcase)
Dylan Hudson is originally from Florence, South Carolina and he is a current Sophomore at SMU studying Theatre and Business Management. Before SMU he had the opportunity to study at the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities where he studied Stanislavski, Linklater technique, Shakespeare, Mask, Laban, Rodenburg, and Devised theatre. He has been a part of numerous productions and most recently was a Fellow at Dallas Theatre Center Public Works Dallas.
One Student$215.00Tax: Tax included