Sat, Jan 09|
The Playground Acting Program
Winter 10 Week Acting II Program
Students Ages 8-17 will build their acting technique through a myriad of highly respected theatre practitioners technique.
Time & Location
Jan 09, 2021, 2:00 PM – Mar 13, 2021, 3:30 PM
The Playground Acting Program , 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
Students will continue their journey delving into advanced acting techniques and building their confidence on and off the stage. Students will study the rehearsal process, how to effectively work with and listen to a scene partner, and how to implement the acting technique we've been learning into their work.
In this program students will be introduced to exercises from the following acting techniques:
- Laban Movement
- Uta Hagen Character Analysis
- Meisner Technique
- Physical Viewpoints by Anne Bogart
And continue to master the following acting techniques:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm-up for before performances or presentations
- Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Meditation Practices
At the end of the 10 weeks students will present a showcase of scenes. The actors family and friends will be invited and encouraged to attend. We will follow Covid-19 guidlines. For information on payment plans please email email@example.com.
Ages 8-17 Dates: Meets every Saturday from 2:00pm-3:30pm starting January 9th-March 13th.
For information on our Covid-19 protocols please visit: https://www.theplaygrounddallas.com/covid-19 .