Sat, Jan 09|
The Playground Acting Program
Winter 8 Week Acting I Program
All first time students to The Playground Acting Program begin our program through this class!
Time & Location
Jan 09, 2021, 10:00 AM – Feb 27, 2021, 1:30 PM
The Playground Acting Program , 6116 N Central Expy, Dallas, TX 75206, USA
About the Event
This 8 week program is our intro and foundations program for all of our first time students at The Playground Acting Program. This class covers a myriad of acting techniques, works on building the actors confidence on and off the stage, and sets the student up for success as and actor and for future classes at our program.
Through this 8 week program students will master acting techniques such as:
- Stanslvisky-Based: Objectives, Obstacles, & Tactics (action)
- Stanslvisky-Based: Given Circumstances
- Memorization Techniques and Methods
- Vocal warm up for before performances or presentations
- Vocal Viewpoints Techniques adapted for actors by Anne Bogart & Tina Landau.
- Uta Hagens: Who am I? Character Work
- How to give and receive constructive feedback
- Stanslvisky-Based: Emotional Recall
- Mindfulness and Mediation Practices
Due to Covid-19 this class will opearte at 25% capacity allowing only 6 students per class.
At the end of the 8 weeks students will individually perform a monologue or spoken word in our final showcase. Family and friends will be encouraged to attend in support of their actor. We will follow COVID-19 guidelines meaning this showcase will most likey happen over Zoom. For information on payment plans please email email@example.com.
Dates: Meets every Saturday at 10:00am -11:30am starting January 9th- February 27th.
Dates: Meets every Saturday from 12:00pm-1:30pm starting January 9th-February 27th.
Dates: Meets every Sunday's from 3:00pm-4:30pm starting January 10th-February 28th.
For information on our Covid-19 protocols please visit: https://www.theplaygrounddallas.com/covid-19 .
One Student Age 8-12
One Student Age 13-17
One Student Age 18+